Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Scrotos' Daily Offering; "Just a Little Sign" by Helloween

Here's what it is, people......Helloween totally rules! \m/ In recent Years, The World was given a little commercial tase of "Power Metal" in the form of Dragonforce (Through the Fire and the Flames - made famous by Guitar Hero). I have heard comments like, "those guys play so fast" or "them dudes are straight up shredders," etc. Dragonforce is cool (I guess) but there are so many warriors of extreme power metal that came long before the force of the almighty dragon of death. Helloween has been kickin' it old school since they emerged from the Power Metal Mecca (aka Duetschland) in the early 1980s. They helped invent the sub genre and remain quite prolific to this day, continually releasing quality material. Rabbit Don't Come Easy (2003) was indeed a fine offering and remains one of my favorite Helloween releases. Plus, Mikkey Dee (drummer for Motorhead) played drums on this magnum opus. Just a Little Sign was one of the prime cuts from the album. To be honest, I haven't listened to Helloween in a while and found this CD while cleaning my car (upon my Daughter's insistance). It would be nice if she cleaned her room when her Mother and I "insist" that she do it! I popped this dandy in my CD player and proceeded to rock out, one time long time. I'm glad I rediscovred Helloween because as proudly proclaimed earlier in this post. HELLOWEEN TOTALLY RULES!!!!\M/!!!!


2 comments:

  1. they DO totally rule. One day Jamie, you are going to win me over to metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude...i like the Helloween...however, there is a French Band called "Heavenly" who totally dominates when it comes to the power metal. I highly recommend the album "Dust to Dust". Ahh-mazing.

    ReplyDelete