Saturday, May 22, 2010

RIP - Peter Steele. Desmondo's Daily Offering - "Love You to Death" by Type O Negative

October RustObviously, I am mourning the loss of Ronnie James Dio \m/ but as Carrie and I were cleaning out one of our rooms this evening, I came by a CD that I have not listened to in some time...."October Rust" by Type O Negative. Dio's death was highly publicized but we must not forget that Peter Steele (frontman for Type O) passed from Heart Failure several weeks ago. Type O rocks my Nation and "October Rust" is one of my favorite albums ever. It would deinitely go on my list of "If you were stranded on a deserted island for the rest of your life and could only bring a few CDs, what would you bring?" Peter Steele was a fantastic songwriter who knew how to rock out with the best of them but also had a killer sense for melody. If you are not familiar with Type O Negative or if they have been relegated to one of those bands that you "used to listen to back in the day," please do youself a favor and honor the man's legacy by checking them out. I love this song. Please enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment