Saturday, March 13, 2010

Galloping Geezer.......

....Tonight, I will be visting the home studio of Pat "Dr. Rock" Gibson to play some bass on a couple of Sabbath tunes he is recording; "Black Sabbath" and "NIB". Honestly, I have not listened to much Sabbath (with Ozzy) in recent Years....my Sabbath ventures of late have been all about the demon dwarf, Ronnie James!!!!!!! As I was learning the songs this afternoon, suddenly it was like I was 15 Years old all over again. "NIB" might be the greatest song of all time (at least that is how I feel today):). As a lover of "The Metal," I'm not exactly reinventing the metal mold by proclaiming that Ozzy rules but the 20 minute experience made me fall in love with old school Sabbath again. Basic, bluesy, straight up Metal in E Minor being held down by Bill Ward and our beloved "Galloping Geezer!" What I am getting at is this; with all of the crapolla "metal" outfits out today (yes, I am once again referring to you and your kind, Sully, Fred, MegaDave (Can't believe he's still at it), M. Shadows, etc.), there is no reason we can't enjoy rediscovering some truly premium Metal. In the spirit of our Lord, our Metal forefathers will always be there for us (even when you temporarily turn your back on them to embrace Limp Bizkit in the late '90s). So, all my Brothers and Sisters....dust of your old Suicidal Tendencies, Maiden, Metallica & Sepultura albums, turn 'em up to "eleven" and sing it with me.........."ROOTS!!!!!!! BLOODY ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. No way..i just read this not even realizing i wlmost wrote the same thing....Re-Blog Is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Dude. Pretty funny. As soon as I was done posting this, I saw yours! Sepultura on the brain today!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete