Monday, April 12, 2010

Desmondo's Daily Offering - "Burn in Hell" by Judas Priest

JugulatorAs most of you are aware, after Rob Halford left Judas Priest in the early 1990s, they hired Tim "Ripper" Owens to replace him on lead vocals. When I heard this was happening, I found it rather laughable that Priest would try to soldier on without Halford. That is until 1997 when my friend who was working at a record store brought me the Jugulator CD that the manager had given him. They had several copies but it was not selling and they needed to unload them. I was driving home from work and decided to pop it in as I was sure it would provide a good laugh. I must say that I was completely blown away. I mean, Halford is bad ass but this album is an amazing and face melting experience. It is a fine offering from start to finish and it is in my humble opinion one of Preist's best......

The entire album seems to describe the end of the world, from the coming of the Jugulator ("Jugulator") to the actual ending of it ("Cathedral Spires"). The Jugulator itself seems to be a metaphor for the evil that is done in the world. Songs like "Dead Meat", "Decapitate" and "Burn in Hell" all describe the evils that humans do. In the end, the evil deeds are so great in number that it consumes and destroys the world. Burn in Hell is a killer cut that you must hear. If you have already heard it, you need to hear it again! \m/ ! Enjoy.....



No comments:

Post a Comment