Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Connection

Metal provides an outlet, a method of release, inspiration to get motivated. It delivers fuel for the mind, body and soul. I was hooked from the first time I heard Suicidal Tendencies. From there, Headbanger’s Ball helped form a connection that will last a lifetime in more ways than one. Lyrics that range from silly to political. Stories of good vs. evil and some just plain evil. My day often starts with a song or two and on the way home I use it to clear my mind. I have listened to Metal as long as I have listened to music. My collection of music is very diverse but metal is well represented. I do not listen to all styles of metal. I would have to say that I fit into a range of punk / thrash and what I call pit metal. When you hear it, your body starts to walk in a circle and your fist start to fly. Your head bangs to the beat of the double bass drum. My goal is to provide you with an opinion that hopefully helps you find your own connection with metal.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought your name was spelled Sambo! You guys rule! Have fun with it!!!

    ReplyDelete