Sunday, March 14, 2010

Something Wicked in the Burning Times........

Something Wicked This Way ComesThe other night, my Wife and kids were "scrapbooking," so they were digging through storage bins of photos, artwork, memorabilia, etc. My 5 year old (young Roberto), handed me a CD and said, "Dad, this must be yours....it looks like Heavy Metal or something!" Indeed, it was mine and it was of course, "The Metal." It was Iced Earth's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. About 5 years ago, I was going through old CDs, deciding what to keep, what to give away and what to sell and I remember putting "SOMETHING WICKED" in my nostalgia bin. At the time, I was experiencing a bit of burn out on the "American Wave of Heavy Metal" groups but knew that at some point in the future I was going to feel the need to dust off this old gem. Yesterday, I was reminiscing about the "old" groups I used to listen to with some frequency and coincidentally, Roberto discovered Iced Earth. Of course, I had to throw on "Something Wicked" at my earliest opportunity (which came last night after I returned from Dr. Rock's studio). I poured myself a glass of wine, put on my SCL4s so I don't wake up the Family and drifted of into a Metallic Dreamworld.....
1. "Burning Times"
2. "Melancholy (Holy Martyr)"
3. "Disciples of the Lie"
4. "Watching Over Me"
5. "Stand Alone"
6. "Consequences"
7. "My Own Savior"
8. "Reaping Stone"
9. "1776" Schaffer
10. "Blessed Are You"
11. "Prophecy"
12. "Birth of the Wicked"
13. "The Coming Curse"

Something Wiked This Way Comes truly is a great album. Very cool blend of thrash, melody and double bass madness. If you love the Metal and have yet to experience this one, do yourself a favor and check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Husband - this blog rules! Let the Metal creativity in you flow...

    ReplyDelete